Drop-off / Pick-up
7:45 am K-5th Grade Class Begins
8:05 am 6th-7th Grade Class Begins
Families with only Lower School students arrive in carline between 7:15 and 7:30 am
Families with only Upper School students arrive in carline between 7:45 and 7:55 am
Families with both Lower School and Upper School students can arrive as early as 7:15 am. There will be a place for Upper School students to be monitored until their class begins.
At 7:45 am, we will close the outside lane, and there will be reduced teacher supervision during morning carline. Upper School students will let themselves out of their cars at the curb on their own.
If families with Lower School students arrive in line at 7:40 or later, they should park in the lot and walk their students into the building using the crosswalk for student safety. Lower School late arrivals can no longer park in the carline lane because they will block upper school carline.
- Do not park in Solea's parking lot. We want to be gracious neighbors.
- Once you enter the parking lot, please stop using your cell phone.
- Drive carefully and slowly in the parking lot, even if there are no cars directly in front of you.
- Once the lane splits around the "avocado" area, you must stay in your lane.
- When walking up, there is no need to cross the carline on the south end of the "avocado" area. Walk in between the cones and the fence.
- If you arrive before 7:15 am, you must keep your scholar with you until the traffic captain waves you past. The school does not open until 7:15 am. Leaving your scholar before 7:15 am means there is no responsible for him or her.
- Unload scholars after you have passed the fire hydrant.
- Unloading before the fire hydrant will only slow down the entire process. Please trust us on this.
3:30 pm K-5th Grade Dismissal
3:50 pm 6th-7th Grade Dismissal
Families with only Lower School students arrive in carline between 3:30 and 3:50 pm (1:30 pm and 1:50 pm on early release days).
Families with both Lower and Upper School students arrive in carline between 3:50 and 4:00 pm (1:50 pm and 2:00 pm on early release days).
Families with only Upper School students arrive between 4:00 pm and 4:10 pm (2:00 pm and 2:10 pm on early release days).
At 4:10 pm (2:10 pm on early release days), any remaining Lower School students will be sent outside to meet siblings.
Once the line is finished at 4:15 pm (2:15 pm on early release days), any remaining Lower or Upper School students will be checked into Athenaeum, and parents will be charged.
- Upper School (6-7) scholars are still in class at 3:30 pm (Mon-Thu) and 1:30 pm (Fri). If you arrive at 3:30 pm/1:30 pm to pick them up in carline, you will have to go through carline again.
- If walking up to the side door for pick-up, you may begin to line up at 3:25 pm.
- The "avocado" area is used as an outdoor classroom space.
- Lining up before 3:25 pm means scholars are losing class time.
- You may line up for carline as early as 2:30 pm.
- When you have all your scholars in your car, please take down the placards so that the we know your car is ready to leave.
Picking up early?
You must be in the building, in front of Mrs. Woodruff before 2:59 pm (Mon-Thu) and 12:59 pm (early release days). You must have your driver's license with you, even if you have your placard in hand. If you miss this cutoff, you will have to go through walk-up or carline.
If you need any adjustments to or more copies of your carline placards, please send an email to email@example.com.