Drop-off / Pick-up
Morning Drop Off
- Campus Opening Time: The GHLS campus opens for student at 7:15 AM. No students are allowed on campus prior to 7:15 AM. Students will go directly to their classroom upon arrival unless he or she is going to eat breakfast, then the student will go directly to the Multipurpose Room.
- Entrance: Please see the drop-off video here.
- Staff will take students from the cars to the front entrance. When all students have been cleared from vehicles, upon direction of the staff, cars may proceed to exit. Please closely follow the directions of the staff. Do not move forward until instructions have been given. After you have dropped off your child, the lane will narrow to one. Parents must remain in their cars during the entire process. Please turn off your cell phone while you are in the queuing lane.
- Late Arrival: Please pull up in the lane in front of the building. You must come into the building to sign your students in.
Afternoon Pick Up
- School ends at 3:30 PM. Please post the pick-up tag in the windshield or on a sun visor so it is visible to staff. If you forget your tag, please park in a designated spot following the direction of the staff member and approach the front office with your identification. To facilitate the pick-up process, please follow the wave schedule.
- Kindergarten pick up begins at 3:30 PM
- First and Second grade pickup begins at 3:40 PM
- Third and Fourth grade pickup begins at 3:50 PM
- Fifth grade pickup begins at 3:55 PM.
- Please pick up all younger siblings at the older students’ time.
- Staff will take students from the front of the school to the vehicle. Staff are not permitted to buckle students into the vehicle or into a child safety seat. When all students are safely secured in their vehicles, upon direction of the staff, cars may proceed to exit. Please closely follow the directions of the staff. Do not move forward until instructions have been given. After you have picked up your child, the traffic pattern will return to one lane. Parents must remain in their cars during the entire process. Please turn off your cell phone while you are in the queuing lane.
- Campus Close Time: All students must be picked up by 4:10 PM., when faculty supervision ends. After 4:10 PM (2:10 PM on early release days) students who have not been picked up will be called by the school administration.
- Late pick-up: Will be administered by Athenaeum/Homework Club and a charge of $1 per minute will be incurred. Parents arriving after 4:10 PM (2:10 PM early release) will need to park and sign his/her child out. All students should be picked up within 10 minutes of the end of practice or club. Any student still waiting will fall under the above policy. Siblings of students in clubs and sports must be picked up before 4:10 PM or enroll in Athenaeum/Homework Club. Otherwise, late charges will incur.